Sunday, August 17, 2008

superlatives of a sort

I have memories of instances, thoughts, conundrums, brief encounters, choices and the like that don't necessarily fall into life-defining moments and will probably never be the topic of conversation. But their tenacity in staying in my head seems adequate enough for giving them some mention somewhere.

Strangest Compliment:
"I've never liked tall women. You may have changed that. You have a lovely forehead."
~Hungarian man in Boston, we had coffee after that

Best Souvenir:
Pair of underwear from the Barcelona Football Club that had a chip inside that played the BFC anthem.

Most Annoying Question:
Do you play basketball?

What is the correct response?
"You're so tall."

Worst Excuse:
"I thought if I let it stay there, it would disappear."
~A Professor's reason for not looking at my paper. Did he think I had magic powers?

Best Invention:
Hammock
Worst sports saying:
"The pain is all in your head."
~If it was in my head, it would be a headache.

Subject not to bring up:
Red napkins at my wedding

Best smell:
Depending on the day, fresh baked bread or Dolce & Gabbana

I'm sure there are more. For now, that's enough.

1 comment:

  1. This is the activity I wanted to do with the HPU girls...Ha! and I thought I came up with that...only a year too late ;)

    ReplyDelete