Monday, May 10, 2010

Boot Camp: Week 2

If "sore" was the adjective for Week 1, "wobbly" would be the adjective for Week 2. Whereas last week I could barely lower myself into my chair at work, this week, getting dressed and walking in heels was problematic. I wobbled during the workouts, I wobbled on the way home, I wobbled getting dressed, walking to work, walking around work and walking to get a comfy seat on the couch at home. I wobbled here. I wobbled there. I wobbled almost everywhere.

Some more thoughts:

*The words "plank" and "ladder" are also evil.
* Though the park itself is quite perfectly situated for this type of activity (i.e. lots of hills, stairs, paths, and plenty of asphalt for cones), it is located down the street from a delicious 24-hour bakery and twice this week the overwhelming smell of cinammon interfered with all efforts to stay focused on the task at hand. Incidentally, I glanced at the Dunkin Donuts on the way to the park and it was closed. I'm up before Dunkin Donuts -how am I supposed to run on Dunkin if I'm running before they are?!
* Lunges are bad. Lunges uphill...seriously?
* I somehow keep getting paired with a petite woman at a clearly superior fitness level. And I feel bad for her. She's pushing me, no doubt. But I don't know that she's getting the most out of it when she's keeping pace with her wogging partner when she could be running laps around me.
* I almost puked on Tuesday. Not sure why, but there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment