Monday, November 22, 2010

tiny friffles

  • I can fairly effectively reach into my purse on the passenger side and dig around for an item without taking my eyes off of the road. However, this only works when the item has a distinct shape or feel - so, pulling out a fluorescent yellow highlighter to apply as lipstick is not helpful. Must recommend a different shape for one or the other...
  • I enjoy my lunch period as a time to "get away" from work. It's usually split between lunches with friends and lunches alone. Lunches alone find me parked in a parking lot eating in solitary with NPR on the radio. I used to think this was likely somewhat strange (not that that ever stopped me) until I started looking around from lunch and daydreams and realized there were other people doing the same thing. I'm not sure if this is an introvert thing or a general recommended de-stressing technique in the middle of the day, but there is a bona fide group of Car-Eaters and I'm a proud member. At some point I'll have to post some guidelines to the Car Eaters movement.
  • Got an email recently titled "18 easy steps to becoming a good writer". Generally speaking, anything over 10 steps is not perceived as easy. Specifically speaking, numbers that are not divisible by five annoy me - no one is fooled that 18 is almost 20, go ahead and round it out or knock it down to 15.
  • Is it weird that pregnant women have to request "virgin" drinks at the bar?

1 comment:

  1. I like these tiny friffles :). I feel like I take a peek at my own brain and how millions of odd thoughts from one extreme to the next processes in me. Excellente!! Plus, the fact that their tiny I feel I have finished some sort of reading material for the day!!

    ReplyDelete