Monday, December 20, 2010

things to tell my daughter...

As we enter the third trimester, the reality of "bringing baby home" is getting closer at increasing speeds - we're officially under the 100 days mark! Here are just a few basic thoughts I'm passing along to Emma:

1) Thanks for increasing your squirming - it lets me know you're still going strong and takes my mind off of the pain in my lower back.
2) Here's the deal: we are not going to be developing gestational diabetes, I want my Christmas cookies (and, trust me on this, so do you).
3) A lot of people are really excited to meet you - your parents are particularly thrilled...mixed with a healthy dose of panicked.
4) Our current schedule of waking up at night and then taking a nap in the middle of the day is only halfway effective - keep the nap, ditch the middle-of-the-night shenanigans. I understand this is normal, but I sense you're an over-achiever so go ahead and skip to sleeping through the night - it won't hurt my feelings.
5) We love you!

1 comment:

  1. As I read through this message, I can't stop but wonder what joy Emma will have reading this (when of age) and knowing how mommy and daddy felt before her arrival. This piece is a treasure =).

    ReplyDelete