Wednesday, December 28, 2011

yeah, it's that good

I have just successfully finished making homemade spaghetti sauce with a recipe going back at least two generations in my husband's family. It's taken me nearly seven years of marriage to be brave enough to try it. Before Little E came along, my mother-in-law stayed with me for a weekend while Hubby was gone and we made the sauce together. This was my first time solo. I was scared, but I only had to call once to double-check simmer time.

Sorry, can't post the recipe here. Are you kidding? I may have just successfully completed the recipe that will make me a legitimate part of the family (popping out Little E could also be considered a successful attempt at this honor). I'm not going to mess that up by revealing their top-secret cooking recipes. This one is the best.

It's so good that I licked the bowl and spoon after I stored the rest. I'm eating a bowl of extra at the moment - no noodles, just sauce. Yeah, it's that good.

Next week will be the real test though. My family at the beach - newbies to the goodness of it all - and Hubby will be there to give his verdict (someone who has consumed copious amounts of this deliciousness in his lifetime). And if everyone hates it? More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment