Sunday, January 29, 2012

{blush} awards are so much fun {blush}

Friffle Thoughts has recieved the Versatile Blogger award from Sara at Life in These Times. It's my first award, and I'm so honored and excited. One of the best parts of being more intentional about blogging has been the fun of exploring other sites. Creativity begets creativity and there are some wonderful stories, ideas, how-to guides, and writings in the blogosphere.



Here's how the award works:
1) Thank the award-giver and link them back in your post.
2) Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
3) Give this award to up to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
4) Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.

Here is a random assortment of seven things about myself.
1 - After becoming a parent I cry at every movie I watch with any mother/child theme. Currently, we are watching Kung Fu Panda 2, and I'm about ready to bawl.
2 - I'm a closet luddite.
3 - I could eat my weight in bread, pasta, and cheese. Now that I think about it, most of my weight probably is bread, pasta, and cheese.
4 - My husband claims I have ninja reflexes when sock bombs come my way.
5 - Despite initial failings, I have actually sustained seven house plants.
6 - My creative energies are consumed by writing and scrapbooking.
7 - My favorite hate-to-love-it movie is a Keanu Reeves classic. Bet you'll never guess....click here. Seriously, it's so bad that it's hilarious.

Here are a few blogs for you to check out and add to your own blog roll. Enjoy the reading, creating, and writing!

1 - Only From Scratch - this is a great place for DIY projects, impressive recipes, and beautiful additions to any home. I'm not nearly talented enough to successfully manage any of these things, but I always leave feeling inspired.
2 - Avec Deux Mains - don't be intimidated by the title, it's in English! Blogger Deb is an occupational therapist serving in Niger. She's a talented writer and photographer and tells such honest, beautiful, and funny stories about living in a different culture and serving in Africa. Check her out - you won't be disappointed.
3 - Awesomely Awake - this is a new blog and one I just discovered yesterday. For parents who are pulled in every direction by the ever-present reality of technology, work, and parenting, this is a promising source of inspiration for putting family first.
4 - Red Lips and Academics - another wordpress discovery (since I am now hosting a WP blog, I've been doing more searching specifically in their domain and loving it!). This blog is a wonderful combination about the leap from graduate student to college professor (I took this leap several years ago and am loving re-living it through the stories) and perspectives on education in general. Great wit and insight!
5 - Musings of a Housewife - I stumbled upon this gem while looking for strategies and how-to's on improving Friffle Thoughts. Her advice was incredibly helpful and then I kept reading and was inspired to renew my commitment to run a 5K at some point in my life (Turkey Trot was the initial plan...guess I better get on that...). She's got it all - faith, fashion, funny, and food!
6 - Random Ramblings or Pearls of Wisdom? - blogger Heidi has a wide range of talents, an intercultural perspective on life, and a touch of humor in her reflections on life in general. Check it out!
7 - Living with a Wolfhound - ok, this is my sister's blog, and I talk about it a lot on FT so it only seems appropriate to pass on the props. In addition to having the unique experience of owning an Irish Wolfhound, she works in EMS and has hilarious stories and perspectives (let me just say this: if it's not a life and death situation, don't call the ambulance - it doesn't get you to the head of the line faster in the ER)

And, of course, I can't say enough about Life in These Times - thanks for the props. Check out her blog for some super cute baby pics, DIY project ideas, baby stories, and entertainment opinions.

7 comments:

  1. OOOH!! Thank you! I haven't 'won' anything in a LONG time! And very excited to be a co-lauriate with LW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a list of quite amazing women - you and LW stand quite tall among them! :) How are those pigeons doing these days?

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I am new (though I had a mom blog years ago) and I am honored to meet so many great people again. Blogging is the center of the Universe. I appreciate your award so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to pass it on and happy to have such great reading material these days! Welcome back to the blogging world :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Rebecca!! I've never won this before, so thank you, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Keep up the great projects and ideas - hope you're doing well with number 3 on the way!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! It's great to see you getting recognized and I love the way this award shares the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete