Saturday, January 21, 2012

recipe #3: super spaghetti sauce saturday

I didn't forget! This was by far my greatest accomplishment. There was a lot on the line with the first batch that I produced, but when the final pot had simmered and I was licking it clean I figured it was ok. The family agreed and the spaghetti sauce at the beach was a success! Granny V has graciously allowed the recipe to shared so here it is. Again, sorry but no pictures. I wasn't actually planning on it being good enough to share here so I didn't even think to document it...next time....

Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Garlic
Onion
1 lb. hamburger
1/4 lb. sausage
1 can tomato paste
1 can tomato puree
1/2 C. water
1/8 t. red pepper
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. basil
1 T salt
2 T sugar
2 bay leaves

Directions:
Saute onion & garlic
Add hamburger and sausage and brown
Drain
Add spices
Add tomato paste and puree and water
Mix together
Add 2 bay leaves
Let simmer on low for about 1 hr.
Remove bay leaves & serve or freeze for later - tastes great either way!

(I doubled the recipe and can guess that it served about 6-8. It really just depends on your portion sizes.)

Now, go make it. Seriously. It will change your life....okay, it will change your spaghetti though.

No comments:

Post a Comment