Tuesday, March 20, 2012

pinterest pizazz

So last week was a week of celebrating Little E. And, celebrate we did. It was loud, it was hot (our house is not used to that many people and the weather was 80-degrees outside!), it was loaded with food, color, friends, family, and a classic cupcake-smashing picture. Everything I could have asked for.

I certainly didn't want to overshadow the week with a little humble bragging on my own role. Now that the week is over, I'm humble bragging my way through today. Last week I managed to cook two new meals and create a fantastic birthday-party decoration last week thanks to the pass-it-on-Pinterest craze. I'm not one to typically follow-through in these situations so claiming not one but three successes is a big deal in and of itself!

Since the recipes and how-to have already been explained at other sites, I'm only going to give you a quick recap and then send you on your merry way to either hook up at the big-P or check out the other blogs for the nitty-gritty details.

First up: Roasted Peppers, Chicken Sausage, and Potatoes
Somewhere in the middle of the week I chopped up some red peppers, potatoes and chicken sausage, tossed them in a bowl with some easy seasonings, threw them on a baking pan, cooked them in the oven, and actually fed my little family a home-cooked meal. It was so good and so easy it will most definitely be used again!

For the full recipe: skinnytaste.com

Next: Crockpot Chicken Soup
I hesitate to do crockpot dishes because we don't do leftovers very well in this house and there are always leftovers with crockpot dishes. Thankfully, my parents were here on Friday to help prep for the big party so I could justify the experiment. It was thick, creamy, delicious goodness and there was none left over in the end (thanks Dad for finishing it off!) - most importantly, it actually tasted like chicken noodle soup so I know that I did it right (yes, that's a big deal for me).

For pictures and the full recipe: www.creativelydomestic.com

Finally, and my favorite: A balloon wreath - without having to blow up the balloons!

This one was too easy and too much fun to miss! We will be using the wreath for all future birthday party celebrations - not just Little E. And the concept could feasibly be extended to other options: using a small straw wreath and some balloons to create centerpieces, for example.

My pictures are below. I used balloons from the Dollar Tree and a 16" straw wreath (still packaged). I had to buy multiple packets of the balloons, but I liked the variety of colors and shapes when it was all done. I think the example at the original website is a bit more simple but it still looks awesome so you know the possibilities are endless!



For the full how-to guide: www.ourbestbites.com 

Okay, humble bragging over. I'll post some party pics and ideas later this week. We had a lot of fun, and I loved having an excuse to try out my crafty side!

No comments:

Post a Comment